Jun 5, 2012

What I got for my birthday!

I turned 20 yesterday (June 4) and my parents gave me some exciting makeup items I plan on reviewing and hopefully doing tutorials with. I did also get some games, but since my blog isn't about games I won't be mentioning them for the time being. I'd also like to mention that I'm posting this blog so you can see my collection and ask me questions about products or ask for a review. I intend to review as much as possible, but if there's something you're really curious about, then I can push the review ahead of others so I can be helpful. That being said, let's get on with the post!


I was really surprised to get the Butt "Naked" Eyes palette by NYX. I never actually spotted it in my local Ulta when it first came out, so I had all but forgotten it. It features 15 neutral eyeshadows, a mirror the size of the palette itself, 4 blushes, 1 bronzer, and 2 highlight colors. I love palettes because I travel quite a bit (even if it's short distances like to my grandma's house for a night or a friend's house... you get the idea). I just like having everything in one place and I like having wearable colors. This set doesn't have a color I wouldn't wear (except maybe the bronzer because I'm not keen on bronzers just yet). In fact, if you're new to makeup and you want to get a good starter kit... this would be the place to start if you can still find it at Ulta. I think it's $25, but don't quote me on that.


My mom told me she made several trips to Ulta and Sephora and agonized over which Too Faced Palette she thought would suit me best because she knew she wanted to buy me a new Too Faced palette. She always says I'm neutral-toned (I'm not convinced), but I agree that some colors (like the copper eyeshadow in my beloved Too Faced Glamour to Go palette) do not suit me well. She gave me the "Romantic Eye" palette and I'm very happy with it.


My dad actually picked out the Covergirl blushes. I mentioned to him that I wanted to try Covergirl blushes so I could experiment with colors. I know I had a trio similar to these blushes before and I've already tried one. My dad bought these in "Natural Rose" (the one on the left with the label carelessly ripped off by... me) and "Deep Plum" which I have yet to try.


And finally...


Why yes, those are lightsaber chopsticks! My boyfriend gave these to me because we both love Star Wars and sushi. While I love the makeup my parents bought me, I think this gift tops all others because it's special.

What do you usually get for your birthday?

2 comments:

  1. love those chopsticks! Just discovered your blog and I love it as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My boyfriend said that they made Yoda's smaller.

      And thank you so much! :D

      Delete

Comment if you'd like! I'll try to reply soon, but if I forget to, just find me and whack me on the head.