Jun 1, 2012

The Summer Series: Lips

The third and final part of the "Summer Series" is lips! I have always taken a minimalist approach when it comes to lip products because I just think it is a bit of a hassle to reapply products throughout the day. That being said, I love lip balms, tinted lip balms, and lip stains. They're all perfect for summer.

Posietint and Benetint (by Benefit, $29) are great because as I have mentioned before, they are lip and cheek stains. I like the colors of these two, but if you prefer corals/oranges, Chachatint will work too.

Maybelline's Baby Lips lip balms are great for summer because they have SPF 20 in them, they are less than $5 at drugstores, and they're sold in four sheer colors (of course, this doesn't include the two clear balms in the collection). I have Cherry Me (a sheer berry/red) and Peppermint (clear). My only complaint about Cherry Me is that on my lips and in swatches it looks nothing like it does in the tube. Regardless of that, I still like the way it makes my lips look... it just isn't what I expected.

The final product recommendation I have for summer is the new Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain (I have the shade Honey). It's pretty moisturizing and it lasts a couple of hours on my lips (I never believe the "Lasts for X hours" hype...)

Hopefully my Summer Series has been helpful. I enjoyed looking through my collection and finding products that I would personally use for summer and sharing them on this blog. So, that leaves one more thing: what are YOUR top products for summer?


Swatches: Benefit Posietint, Benefit Benetint, Maybelline Baby Lips in Cherry Me, Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment if you'd like! I'll try to reply soon, but if I forget to, just find me and whack me on the head.