Jun 23, 2012

Product Review: Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters

I know that the Revlon Lip Butters are old news, but I also know that when I am about to purchase a product, I tend to do extensive research (with the exception of some items for the $20 makeup challenge).

I'm not very dangerous when it comes to lip products. A flavored lip balm or a C.O. Bigelow lip gloss usually keeps me happy because I prefer to focus on my eye makeup and I hate to fuss around with lip products. I also don't really pay attention to how long a lip product wears because I'll probably wipe it off within twenty minutes anyway.

But anyway, when the Revlon Lip Butters were released a few months ago I was interested because there were about 20 shades to choose from and they were only $6-8.

I would consider these to be right between tinted lip balms and lipsticks. I've had tinted lip balms that were actually drying and had little to no color payoff, but these are actually moisturizing. They also have more color payoff than other tinted lip balms I've tried, but less than lipsticks. The darker colors aren't quite as sheer as the lighter colors, so if you want intense color these are not for you. They also give off a nice sheen that makes them look almost like a lip gloss, but they aren't sticky. I also haven't noticed any scent or flavor to these, which I think is good for people who might dislike scented products. The best thing is that even though they are unscented, the Lip Butters don't smell like plastic (N.Y.C. lipsticks, anyone?)

So bottom line: I think these are really nice! I recommend them if you are into more natural feeling and looking lip products. Some of the colors are bolder than the ones I have, but even Cherry Tart is wearable in my opinion.

The three shades I own are Cherry Tart (a cherry red with some shimmer), Sweet Tart (a medium pink), and Strawberry Shortcake (a pale pink).





Cherry Tart
Sweet Tart
Strawberry Shortcake

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment if you'd like! I'll try to reply soon, but if I forget to, just find me and whack me on the head.