Jun 21, 2012

Update: Beauty Purchase Restriction and why this isn't a "Project Pan"

I haven't technically finished anything, but I am close to finishing quite a few hair and body products. The real point of this update is to show how I'm sorting through the items as I finish them. In all honesty, it isn't incredibly fascinating, but it has something to do with this little project, so I figured I'd blog about it anyway!

I have two bags: a small one for expired items and items that break my skin out (it's not worth using them up if my skin is going to look worse in the end) and then I have a bigger bag for the items that are finished. I think the first items that will end up in the bag are some travel-sized products. Since this isn't a project pan, I feel like size of product doesn't matter - the important thing will be that less space is being taken up in my cabinets/makeup storage.

What constitutes as "finished" for me is that it is difficult or impossible to get product out of the container. I have an older tube of Urban Decay Primer Potion and tons of people used to cut the packaging to get the last bit... I honestly wouldn't do that because to me it's always seemed a bit dangerous (I'm clumsy) and if I have made every effort possible to finish the product, then I think that is the best I can do (and in the case of UDPP I already had a backup tube).

Now, for the things I am nearly out of:
CVS Night-Time Makeup Remover Cleansing Cloths: I'll probably buy another package of makeup removing wipes in a week or so because I tried using jojoba oil to remove makeup on my face and it just didn't work for me.

Softsoap Nutri Serum Body Wash: This was my favorite body wash a couple of years ago because it smelled great and made my skin soft... but for some reason, this time around my skin just didn't ever feel clean enough after using it. I now use it for shaving even though it has these useless beads in it.

L'Oreal EverStrong Shampoo and Conditioner: I have a travel sized bottle that came attached to the full-sized bottle. The travel size is almost empty and the full size has about 1/3 of the product remaining. (Edit: 6/23 - I finished the travel sized shampoo! I think I will finish the conditioner within two more uses)

L'Oreal EverCreme Cleansing Conditioner: I bought this for the days my hair feels very dry at the ends. I won't buy it again because the scent gives me a headache (in fact, I've come to realize that all of the L'Oreal Ever---- items I own have strong scents that give me a headache while I'm in the shower).

Benefit Stay Don't Stray: I got this in a Benefit set for Christmas. I like it, but it really just reminds me of what I think UDPP in Eden would be like, and considering the cost of the full sized versions of both, I'd take the UDPP over Benefit any day. I'm not sure how much of this I have left and I don't use it every day, but I think it will be gone fairly soon.

As I said in the original post, I will be allowing myself to buy makeup again on September 1. The only exceptions I will make are if I run out of something that I don't already have a lot of in my collection (for example: mascara) or if I am almost out of something. The latter part really applies to my back-to-school shopping. I don't see myself running out of much before then, but I don't want to go back to college with a week's worth of powder (again, just an example).


I'll update once I've finished a few products!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment if you'd like! I'll try to reply soon, but if I forget to, just find me and whack me on the head.