Aug 9, 2012

Back to School: What to Carry in Your Purse Makeup Bag

This is really just for anybody who wants to carry a small makeup bag in their purse, but since it's back to school season, I thought this particular post could be useful. As always, this is just my opinion and if you have different needs, then you can adjust as needed.

The makeup bag for this post isn't one I would normally use, but for some reason I've misplaced my old makeup bag that I would throw in my purse (I stopped carrying makeup around with me for a while because I wanted to carry a smaller purse, but lately I've been in the mood to carry around a bigger bag once again).

Anyway, on with the post! I have a Vera Bradley makeup bag that I typically use to store random items, but for this post I am using it as my purse makeup bag.
  1. Blotting sheets, especially if you have oily or combination skin - if you have drier skin you might not need this. If you don't want to pay for blotting sheets, I suggest using Starbucks napkins. They work just as well as blotting sheets and the store won't care if you take a few extras! ;) (just make sure you actually buy something when you go in so you're not stealing. I'm a clumsy person, so I never know how many napkins I'll need)
  2. Facial spray - I have the Evian spray. Yup, it's just water in a can. Urban Decay also has travel sized bottles of their makeup setting sprays. I've liked all of the sprays I have tried, but I'm looking into trying facial sprays from other brands. Alternatively, you can just pour water or an alcohol free toner in a spray bottle and try that (I haven't, but I just might at some point)
  3. Pressed powder - for touch ups
  4. Retractable kabuki brush - also for touch ups (if you don't mind using the puff/sponge that comes with your face powder, then use that so you can have more space, although 9 times out of 10, I prefer to use a brush)
  5. Whatever lip product I'm wearing - try bringing something with SPF so you don't get a sunburn on your lips. I never have, but I've heard that they are painful
  6. Travel sized toothbrush - yeah, not a normal thing to keep in a makeup bag, but you never know when you'll need it. I just buy them in packs of two from the travel section at the drugstore
  7. Toothy tabs/travel sized toothpaste

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment if you'd like! I'll try to reply soon, but if I forget to, just find me and whack me on the head.