Aug 22, 2012

Back to School: Closet/Dresser Organization!

Every college is different - some have small closets built into the rooms and some have movable wardrobes. Mine (to be specific, my dorm building) has the latter, plus a 3 drawer dresser.

There are three different types of hangers I will be using. It sounds like a lot, but it fits my needs fairly well since I am limited on space. I have different hangers this year than I did last year, but both have the same general idea (only I think the ones I'm using this year might even be better).

Type 1:

My hangers last year were similar to the ones below. Both had the hooks allowing the hangers to cascade, thus saving space. However, my hangers last year were plastic and quite thick. I honestly did not enjoy them. The ones I have this year are slimline, so the goal is to have more space so I can comfortably fit everything in (one can hope!)

I purchased these hangers from Bed, Bath, and Beyond for $30. I don't recall seeing these at Target, but I looked for this type of hanger at BBB first.



Type 2:

I have had this hanger for a few years, but I decided to bring it along with me this year. I'll be attaching shorts and skirts to it. I believe you can find these for $5-10 at Bed, Bath, and Beyond or Target.


Type 3:

I bought this hanger at the same time as the one listed above (so the price for this should also range between $5-10). I will be using this for jeans (last year I stored my jeans in my dresser and I had so many that they took up an entire drawer).


My dresser will store things such as undergarments, socks, and pajamas. I'll also store any clothing odds and ends that I couldn't fit in the wardrobe.

Hopefully this post has been helpful! I'll try to include an update to show how it looks once everything is in its place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment if you'd like! I'll try to reply soon, but if I forget to, just find me and whack me on the head.