Sep 5, 2013

Super September Day 3: Time-Saving Tips for College Students

I know that college is fun and exciting, but if you have your priorities straight, then you might find yourself not having time to get ready in the morning. I am here to share with you what I have learned and what I do since I have 8 AM classes for the first time in three years. So, let's go!

  1. Shower at night: I know a lot of people do this already, but I have always been the type of person who has to shower in the morning. If I didn't shower in the morning, I would feel disgusting by noon. But I took showers at night when I was in middle school, so I decided to just go ahead and try it. The first week wasn't the best experience because my hair would be a little oily by the morning. Luckily I brought a backup shampoo and discovered that with a different shampoo/conditioner combo, my hair looked silky and clean the next day. Also try styling your hair at night. I don't mean pulling out the curling iron. I mean braid it when it is almost dry or twist it for waves.
  2. Use tinted moisturizers or BB creams (or CC creams, or A-Z creams... you get the idea): If you find a product that works for your skin, stick to it. These are less time consuming than other products. Now, I did recommend the Covergirl 3-in-1 foundation in my last post. I realize it is a foundation and none of the things I listed, but it does work well and that saves time too, because I don't always have to powder with it. I also have yet to find a BB cream that I like better than the Smashbox one I used last year.
  3. Have the products you use daily set aside from the ones you use occasionally. This way, you won't have to look around for your favorite mascara or lip balm.
  4. Have your outfit picked out. I recommend checking the weather the night before so you won't be caught off guard. Also check in the morning if you have time. The weather can be fickle depending on where you live.
And there you have it! I hope my tips have helped somebody. Stay on the lookout for the next Super September post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment if you'd like! I'll try to reply soon, but if I forget to, just find me and whack me on the head.