Nov 7, 2012

Tag: How Much Is Your Face Worth?

This has been going around for a while (mostly through blogs... I have yet to see one on YouTube). The premise of this tag is to take everything you use on your face in a given day (some include skin care and some do not), find the price for each item, add all of those numbers together, and (optional) have a mini freak-out over how much you've spent just on those few items. My version of this tag will not include skin care because I am currently introducing some new products into my routine and I'm going to do a full post on my skin care routine in the near future.

So, this is almost a combination of my foundation routine (which I posted a few days ago), my every day eye routine, and the actual tag. I've based the prices on Ulta's website since I shop there most often. I also have some products I got in sets, so I will just list the full price for those.
  • L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream: $10.99. I've already mentioned that I really like this product, but there is one problem... I highly doubt it will last me through December. A small amount of product does not go a long way with this. Then again, I have quite a bit of redness.
  • Revlon PhotoReady Concealer: $9.99. This concealer isn't bad, but it isn't worth $10.
  • Benefit Ooh La Lift: $22. I have a small container of this that I got in a set. I personally don't notice much of a difference when I use it.
  • Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Powder Foundation: $12.99. This is the pressed powder version. I think I could use this on its own and be happy with it. I'll definitely consider repurchasing this in the summer because it gives light coverage and isn't too powdery.
  • Mario Badescu Facial Spray: $7. I started using this recently and I really like it. I'll definitely continue to buy some form of rosewater. This spray also has aloe and other things, but I have read about the benefits of using rosewater on the skin and hair and I'd like to use plain rosewater. Plus it would be cheaper.
  • MAC Mineralize Blush: $23.50. I have this in Hand Finish (it was limited edition about three years ago... that being said I should probably throw it away, but the texture or quality of it has not changed, so that is why I still use it).
  • Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely Beige: $6.99. I've talked about this a lot. This is what I use on weekdays. On weekends I tend to use my Stila Smudge Crayons.
  • CoverGirl Eye Enhancers Eye Shadow Trio in Cafe Au Lait: $4.99. I like the colors, but I won't repurchase because I've got too many neutral eye shadows already and I want the Naked 2 palette, but I wouldn't feel right in having it if I had various other colors not being used. I'm not sure if I have mentioned this before, but I really want a Z Palette so I can make the most of my space.
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Demolition: $19. I have this in a smaller size (it came in a set of five), but the full size is $19. These eyeliners are smooth, but they smudge on me, so I can't justify buying a full sized one when there are eyeliners out there that cost less and work better for me. I use this every day so I can hopefully finish it soon.
  • E.L.F. Brightening Eye Color Quad in Brownstone: $1. I use the dark brown shade to set my Urban Decay eyeliner. I occasionally use the taupe in my crease.
  • Rimmel Extra Wow Lash Mascara: $3.99. I've been using this quite a lot lately (I've been alternating it with Rimmel Lash Accelerator mascara).
The grand total? $122.44. Honestly I am shocked. There are items on the list that I don't use every day (the blush, for example... I just listed what I used today - I have other blushes I use that cost $4). Another reason the numbers are so high is because I listed the full price for High Beam and my Urban Decay eyeliner. But still... just my (almost) every day face makeup costs quite a lot of money. Thankfully I can feel good about it because I am not letting my products or money go to waste, but it's still insane to think of what goes in to just one makeup look.

I have been rambling for long enough, so I will end the post here. If you've done this tag, comment below with a link to your post! And if you don't have a blog, just let me know how much your face is worth because I'm nosy like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment if you'd like! I'll try to reply soon, but if I forget to, just find me and whack me on the head.