- Reveal 11 things/random facts about myself
- Answer 11 questions that the person who nominated me has set
- Create 11 new questions for my nominees
- Tag 11 people with less than 200 followers and let them know they have been nominated - no tag backs allowed.
11 Random Facts:
- I have already purchased a sofa for my first apartment. The odd thing is that I won't have my first apartment for at least a year and a half. I just really like to be prepared.
- I hardly ever eat candy or dessert. I get my sugar from Starbucks/coffee in general.
- I am an only child. My parents had me later in life because until about 9 months before my birth they thought they couldn't have children.
- I used to be a pro at HTML and CSS back when I was in middle school. Then my interests changed and I had less time to commit to fully coding my blog on my own
- As a child, my favorite household chore was dusting. I still get joy out of it when I'm not sneezing like a fool.
- My boyfriend and I want to live in British Columbia at some point (we currently live in the United States).
- I haven't gotten a haircut since April. I really need to soon, though.
- I've dyed my hair three times with demi-permanent color (it was by L'Oreal and the shade was Espresso, I think), but I'm trying henna soon!
- I couldn't paint my nails properly to save my life if I tried. My hand is very unsteady.
- I originally wanted my major to be criminal justice. Communications won when the department head told me one of his classes involved playing Quidditch. I did research on comm and decided I liked the classes I would be taking better than the classes I would have been taking for criminal justice
- I have favorite TV shows, but I hardly ever watch TV.
My Answers to Katy's Questions:
- What do you like most about blogging?: I like that I can interact with readers. I also really enjoy writing, so it's a great way for me to talk about makeup.
- If you could eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?: Sushi! I prefer salmon and I like to use lots of wasabi.
- What's your favorite makeup brand?: That's a difficult one to answer, but I will say Too Faced because as of right now, I've never tried anything from them that I didn't like.
- Do you prefer cats or dogs?: I prefer cats. They are more independent. I do like dogs, though. I just find cats easier to take care of. Except for my cat. He's the cat version of the "Overly Attached Girlfriend" - it's a little scary.
- Who is your favorite Youtube Beauty guru?: Right now I am loving essiebutton's videos. She's very charismatic and ever since finding her channel, I haven't skipped a video she has posted.
- Could you go a whole year without buying makeup?: Ha. Probably not. I could try, but honestly there is a lot of temptation to try new things because I genuinely like to review products. I had the hardest time not buying anything during the three month no-buy I set for myself during the summer. If I ever do that again it will not be in the middle of the summer. Actually, I have considered doing a no-buy from January to March. We'll see :)
- Are you good about cleaning your makeup brushes regularly? (Be honest!): It depends on how busy I am. At the beginning of the school year, I was spot cleaning daily and deep cleaning them weekly. I think the longest I have gone without washing a brush is 2 weeks. That's really not too bad... right? *shifty eyes*
- Do you have support of friends and family with your blog?: My roommate isn't a fan of makeup, so she thinks it's weird. Some of my other friends know I have a blog, but they don't know what it is about. My boyfriend is fully supportive of my blog and has occasionally left a math-related comment on my posts (he likes math). My parents have supported my blog too. My mom comes to me for makeup advice, and I think that says a lot.
- If you didn't blog about beauty, what else would you blog about?: I would probably have a blog about fiction. I used to write short stories with my friends all the time, but as we got older our interests changed.
- What's your favorite type of foundation? (powder, liquid etc.): I prefer the convenience of pressed powder foundations, but I always find myself buying liquid foundations.
- Are there days when you don't wear any makeup at all?: There are, but now that I'm working to finish products in my collection, the days I go without makeup are few and far between. The great thing is that I did go most of the year without makeup last year and I can say my skin problems are not related to makeup.
- What is the number one place you want to travel to?
- What is your Hogwarts house? (I had to ask)
- What nail polish are you wearing right now/did you wear last?
- What is your number one beauty secret?
- What is more important to you: skincare or makeup?
- What is the number one product that you want that you can't get where you live?
- What is your favorite food that other people might consider to be odd?
- What is your dream job?
- Is there something you dislike about blogging?
- What product has surprised you the most? It can be good or bad.
- What is your favorite season and why?
11 Blogs I've Nominated:
- Sugar and Sparkle
- Cara Loves Cosmetics
- Forever Fuchsia
- Monsiieur Alex
- My Glittery Obsessions
- Natalie's Life
And there were a ton more that I wanted to nominate, but they were all a bit past 200. This was fun to fill out, so thanks again to Katy for nominating me!