Oct 31, 2012

Tag! 10 Makeup Items I Would Repurchase

The purpose of this tag is to list the first ten items I would repurchase if all of my makeup somehow disappeared (destroyed in a fire, stolen, and so on). I believe it was actually called the "If All My Makeup Disappeared" tag around this time last year. Either way, it's the same general idea and it's fun, so I decided to do it.
  1. MAC Studio Finish Concealer (NC 15): Although I hardly ever wear concealer to cover my blemishes, I opted for concealer rather than foundation. If all of my makeup disappeared, I would let my skin breathe (more than it does now) and only attempt to cover dark circles and large blemishes. However, I would also consider trying the Hard Candy Glamouflage since they recently released a lighter shade (the one that used to be the lightest was slightly too dark for me). Then I could just mix the concealer with moisturizer and have a tinted moisturizer.
  2. Maybelline Dream Matte Powder: This powder has been one of my favorites for a long time. Although there are several different shades for the powder, it is pretty sheer, but that doesn't bother me. 
  3. Covergirl Cheekers Blush in Natural Rose: I'm really hesitant to put this here. This is because ever since CoverGirl decided to re-release their tinted moisturizer and market it as a BB cream, I've been boycotting the brand (because to my knowledge, they still haven't even mentioned their shady behavior... poor PR move in my opinion). So to be more precise, I would buy a color exactly like Natural Rose because it looks nice on my skin.
  4. Maybelline Color Tattoos: This really isn't going to be a surprise to anybody who reads my blog regularly, but I love these. Barely Beige is my favorite, but it's limited edition. From the permanent collection, I love Bad to the Bronze and Tough as Taupe.
  5. Stila Smudge Crayon: Now, I know I already mentioned a cream eye shadow, but the thing about the Stila Smudge Crayon is that it can be used as an eye shadow and an eyeliner and it actually stays put all day (except on my waterline, but I have yet to find something that does and since I don't wear eyeliner on my waterline on a daily basis, it's not a deal-breaker). 
  6. Wet 'N Wild Eye Shadow Trios: I have three of these and love all of them. I'd probably buy Walking on Eggshells first because it gives a subtle look.
  7. Rimmel Extra Wow Lash Mascara: This mascara is inexpensive, but it gives me the same effect as most mascaras that cost more.
  8. C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Shines: these lip glosses aren't sticky and they taste nice. I'm not a big fan of going overboard with the lip products, so usually I opt for some form of lip balm.
  9. Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater: Technically a skin care product, but since my skin is becoming quite dry, I've been spraying this on after applying foundation. I will be trying plain rosewater from a different brand after I finish this, but this is actually more accessible, so I'd be willing to buy it again. Plus it's only $7.
  10. Mario Badescu Special Healing Powder: again, this is technically a skin care product, but when I have a really bad breakout on my face and I'm not going anywhere, I do apply this to my blemishes and it calms them. I feel like it was a good buy because it will probably last me a year (which is probably past its intended expiration, so that is impressive).
So those are the 10 things I would repurchase first. There are some items I've never owned that I would seize the opportunity to try if my collection disappeared. For example: Urban Decay Naked 2 palette. I don't own it, but I want it. It's probably one of the best palettes to start out with anyway.

What would you repurchase if your makeup disappeared?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment if you'd like! I'll try to reply soon, but if I forget to, just find me and whack me on the head.