Oct 22, 2012

Haul: iHerb

Although I am not too terribly close to finishing my Lush soaps, I did want to place an order with iHerb because I stumbled upon the site (probably a month ago now) and they have this great deal where new customers get $10 off orders $40 or more and $5 off orders less than $40. Needless to say, I was intrigued.

iHerb has a variety of products: from vitamins and supplements to foods and yes, to beauty products. As I finish the products I have now, I want to replace them with more natural alternatives. This has been and will continue to be a long process.

When I placed my order I didn't have much of a strategy. I just picked things I thought I would need soon. Here's what I picked out:


Soaps:
  • Kirk's Original Coco Castile Soap: This is the version with fragrance. I picked this over the fragrance free version just because it came in a pack of three. My dad's family used this when he was young, so I thought it would be interesting to try.
  • J.R. Liggett's Shampoo (Herbal Formula and Original Formula): I've been using solid shampoos a lot more lately and it's been a great experience. These are a little cheaper than Lush solid shampoo bars and in theory these can be used without conditioner (but we will see if that is true once I've finished my Lush solid shampoo's).
  • One With Nature Honey Almond Soap: I figured this would smell nice and it does. I'm hoping to use this around December because I just like to use nutty/almond scents around the holidays.
  • Grandpa's Thylox Acne Treatment Soap with Sulfur: I tweeted a few days ago that I was almost out of my cleanser. Apparently I had forgotten I'd ordered this! I'm excited to try this because it has 3% sulfur and I've really experimented with sulfur less than other ingredients.
  • Kiss My Face Olive & Green Tea Soap: This bar of soap is a whopping 8 ounces. I think I am probably the most excited to try this.


Miscellaneous:
  • Earth Therapeutics Bath Sponge: I always use one of these when I shower so I can get extra exfoliation.
  • Stash Fusion Green & White Tea
  • Stash Chai Black & Green Tea
  • Swisspers Organic Cotton Balls: There isn't much to say about these. I just needed them.
  • JASON Sea Fresh Toothpaste: I'm not sure if I will like this or not, but it is worth a shot because it is SLS free!
What is so great about this order? It cost me less than $35! As I begin to use these products I will post reviews. I had a great experience with iHerb, but I do want to try out Vitacost since it is also a popular site for natural health and beauty products.

What have you bought recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment if you'd like! I'll try to reply soon, but if I forget to, just find me and whack me on the head.