Oct 9, 2012

Review & Swatches: Wet N Wild Eye Shadow Trios

I don't know anybody who openly detests a good bargain. That being said, I do know people who doubt the quality of things that appear to be too "cheap" - I think in terms of makeup, these views stem from bad experiences with first makeup products. However, if you started wearing makeup more than a couple of years ago, you might be shocked to learn that Wet N Wild has amazing eye shadows. If you frequent beauty blogs, then you may not be so surprised.

I've only tried three Wet N Wild eye shadow trios and they are: Sweet as Candy, Walking on Eggshells, and Silent Treatment. These cost $2.99 at drugstores, so even if you happen to dislike these, buying one won't break the bank.


Pros:
  • These shadows are soft and pigmented. 
  • Inexpensive - $3 a piece
  • I want to say there are at least 8 different trios (EDIT: Drugstore.com is selling 12, so that's even better than my estimate), so you should be able to find one you like. I'm not very dangerous with colors, so these are my favorites. There is also a great one for a smoky eye.
Cons:
  • Although these shadows are soft, they can be too soft. I always spot one or two of these completely shattered when I am at the drugstore.
  • The packaging isn't the sturdiest
Overall I definitely recommend giving these a shot. I wouldn't hesitate to repurchase or buy more.


What are your favorite bargain buys?

7 comments:

  1. I've never tried these trios. Never tried anything Wet 'N Wild really. Mainly because I can't find them anywhere I've looked! Where did you get yours from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually find them at Walgreens and CVS and the occasional Walmart carries Wet N Wild products. I did a quick search and they're also available on Drugstore.com, although since they are so loosely packed, there is a possibility that they would just crumble if they were shipped. Then again, I've never tried to purchase them online so I can't be sure.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for replying back! I know my Walmart doesn't have it, so I'll have to check at CVS.

      Thanks again! :)

      Delete
  2. I wish they sold these in the UK, they're so pretty :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to try these since I saw them recommended by Emily Noel on youtube. Good to see another positive review. Hopefully I'll have a new job soon so I can get some of the products I've been wanting for a while now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to try the middle one! It's so pretty!(:

    Follow my blog! its about every thing, school, boys, make up, fashion

    http://soccerbaby22.blogspot.com/

    Or my other one about lifee(:

    http://www.foreversummer22.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog! I followed! I would love it if you could check out my blog and follow me? Thanks so much! http://camigmakeup4u2c.blogspot.com

    xoxo
    Cami

    ReplyDelete

Comment if you'd like! I'll try to reply soon, but if I forget to, just find me and whack me on the head.