I only received two makeup items for Christmas, so I don't think I am doing too badly regarding Project Minimize. I have decided to continue Project Minimize indefinitely, since I purchased much more than I should have in 2014 and I didn't finish as many items as I hoped.
Since my last empties post, I've finished five makeup items. Seeing that it takes ages to finish a makeup product, I am pleased with myself (although I have yet to finish a foundation!)
- Maybelline The Falsies Big Eyes Mascara: I liked this mascara and I liked that there was a different side for top and bottom lashes, but I don't know if I would buy it again. I rarely buy the same mascara more than once because there are so many to choose from at the drugstore that work really well. I do tend to favor Maybelline mascara, though. Anyway, I will probably buy this again, but not right away.
- Bare Minerals Flawless Definition Mascara: I received this in a set for my birthday. Typically I won't shell out $18 for a mascara, and this one won't break that pattern. This product gave my lashes a natural look, but it wasn't particularly special.
- Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner in Blackberry: This was my absolute favorite eyeliner, so I was a little sad to see it go. However, I won't be repurchasing this for a while because I need to use the other eyeliners I have.
- Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner: I can't remember which color I finished, but I'm beginning to warm up to the Urban Decay eyeliners. I don't think I would go out of my way to buy any of the colors at full size, but I really like the gift sets.
- Benefit "That Gal" Brightening Face Primer: I loved the way this made my skin look, but like many Benefit products, this irritated my skin.
This concludes my first post of 2014! How was your holiday season?