Oct 31, 2012

October Hits and Misses! (2012)

My monthly favorites seem to be getting shorter and shorter. I blame this on the fact that I am really working to finish as many products as I can. I still want to have an interesting collection, but I don't want to have piles of things I'll never use

  • Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream: I've talked about this a lot and I even finished it this month. I would buy it again eventually, but I have a lot of foundations and BB creams to finish, so for now I will not be repurchasing.
  • Revlon Photoready Concealer: I bought this on a whim a little while before I banned myself from buying makeup this past summer. It's great for under-eye circles. I don't use it on blemishes because I usually don't bother to cover those.
  • Rimmel Extra Wow Lash: This mascara is inexpensive ($5 or less) and it works quite well. The formula is a little dry, but it never makes my lashes feel dry or brittle (which I can't say for other mascaras I've tried recently). This is a definite keeper.
  • Stila Smudge Crayons: I've talked about these a lot, so I'll keep it to the basics. They last on my eyelids and have convenient packaging.
  • Too Faced Glamour to Go Palette: I bought this a while ago and I keep switching between this palette and another palette. The color in particular that I love is in the top right corner. I didn't really use the blush or bronzer in this palette, so I didn't take a picture of those. Plus I think I already have taken pictures of both.
  • Lush Seanik Solid Shampoo Bar: I've used this almost every time I wash my hair and it is very clarifying and volumizing. 

And for the misses? No beauty products, but... I have officially decided that Starbucks coffee beans and I do not get along well. I love their lattes, but their beans have honestly never impressed me. I prefer going to places like Fresh Market with a variety of coffee (if you've been there, you know just what I'm talking about).

6 comments:

  1. I love the colours in that palette, it would great for travel you can do so much with just those colours x Lovely post x

    themaibug.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, this palette is perfect for travel! I'm pretty excited because Too Faced recently released another Glamour to Go Palette.

      Thanks for commenting! :)

      Delete
  2. but what are the mathematical applications of these colour pallettes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you see, if you apply a Taylor Series formula to approximate the function of the palettes, then you can easily take the integral to find the total work performed on the Entire set.

      (the comment above was written by my boyfriend and so was the answer. He's fun :)

      Delete
  3. I've been eyeing those Stila crayons - I really want to get my hands on them, especially Smoke :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're great! At some point I would like to have "Kitten" since the color is a classic.

      Delete

Comment if you'd like! I'll try to reply soon, but if I forget to, just find me and whack me on the head.