Jul 9, 2012

Update #2: Beauty Purchase Restriction!

On September 1 I will officially be allowed to buy beauty products again (with the exception of products I run out of... and I've technically already cheated... oops!)

I have already finished six items and I am extremely close to finishing a few other items. The things I have finished so far are: L'Oreal EverStrong Shampoo (1) and Conditioner (2), Urban Decay Travel Sized All-Nighter Spray (3), Urban Decay Travel Sized De-Slick Spray (4), Softsoap Nutri Serum Body Wash (5), and CVS Night-Time Makeup Remover Cleansing Cloths (6).

Now, some products I'm close to finishing include:

L'Oreal EverCreme Cleansing Conditioner: I think I have two or three uses left. I still find the scent to be too strong, but the product itself works pretty well on my hair. I won't repurchase because of the scent.

CHI 44 Iron Guard: I have the travel sized version (I purchased it at Ulta a year ago). I probably have one use left in this. Overall I don't find this product to be particularly special.

Benefit Stay Don't Stray: I've used this nearly every day since my last post and it still seems like I am not incredibly close to finishing it.

E.L.F. Makeup Mist & Set: I actually have half of this left, but I might dump it because it is beginning to smell like dirty socks. Not something I want near my face!

Josie Maran Argan Oil Hair Serum (.5 oz): I got this in a set and it's a nice product. I've used about half of the bottle, but I can't repurchase immediately because I have a ton of other hair serums and leave-in conditioners I need to use up.

Clean & Clear Advantage Popped Pimple Relief Drying Paste: this doesn't really do anything for me so I am glad it is nearly empty.

Once I am finally allowing myself to buy makeup again, I actually don't plan on buying any face products until I am closer to finishing them (foundation, concealer, powder, etc). I have a lot of face products (especially foundations, tinted moisturizers, and BB creams) and I've spent so much money on those that I have really ignored the items that are more fun. Hopefully as I finish some items I can pinpoint a few holy grail items so I don't feel as tempted to go out and buy more than I need and can use. I know my collection is tiny in comparison to that of most beauty bloggers/vloggers and I would like to keep it that way because I would hate to waste money.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment if you'd like! I'll try to reply soon, but if I forget to, just find me and whack me on the head.