Apr 8, 2013

March 2013 Empties!

I hardly finished anything during March. It's a little disappointing, but I knew that at some point I would begin to finish fewer and fewer small items and then I'd have to tackle the full-sized products. My classes have also been rather busy so I didn't notice until I sat down to write this post that I don't actually have the bottles from the products I've finished here, so I'm going based on memory. This post might be funny or it might be awful.

Not Pictured/Actually Emptied:
J.R. Liggett's Shampoo Bar: I reviewed this a while ago and I finished it during spring break. I have other shampoo bars I want to try eventually, so I won't be repurchasing immediately.

Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap: this was the last of my little 1 ounce bottles. I finished Baby Mild and Tea Tree. I might repurchase eventually, but as I said in my "Guilty Pleasure Products" post, I started using Dial soap when these ran out and it doesn't actually dry my skin out, so I might stick with that for a while since it is so inexpensive.

Kiss My Face Olive Oil Soap: I had a few of these lying around for a long time, but the one I know I finished is the original formula.

Neutrogena Skin Clearing Mineral Powder: I hit pan on this, but I didn't finish it. I noticed it was making my skin shiny within two hours, even when I wore it alone. The color was also orange on my skin. I don't know how this affected any breakouts (if it did at all), but it certainly did not help my skin. I also don't know why it stopped working for me because I liked it at first.

Donated:
Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup: the color just didn't work for me.

Too Faced Tinted Beauty Balm in Vanilla Glow: the color was too dark. Too Faced released a lighter shade that I've swatched before (and turned out to be a lovely match), but I don't love the formula of the Too Faced BB cream as much as I liked the Tarte Amazonian Clay Tinted Moisturizer's formula.

Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation: I received this in a swap on Makeup Alley and used it once. I didn't like it for my skin. Everything just seemed wrong for me - the color, the texture, etc. Basically now I have my Tarte tinted moisturizer and my Shiseido liquid foundation. Once I am closer to finish those, I want to try something different.

I think that is everything! I hope that by the end of the school year I will have a more impressive list of empties. I think my dad and I are going to build a vanity I designed as a birthday present to myself (June 4! I'll be 21, which is crazy to think). Once my vanity is built, I will have an updated makeup collection. I haven't added anything that isn't on my Project Empties page, so I have been keeping track of that. I just haven't kept track of everything I no longer have.

What did you finish in March?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment if you'd like! I'll try to reply soon, but if I forget to, just find me and whack me on the head.