Dec 5, 2012

November Hits and Misses! (2012)

I am not sure why it has taken me so long to write this post, but every time I have started to write an introduction, I've just managed to find some sort of distraction. Before I ramble too much about my life as a college student, let's get to the post!


Almost everything I have loved this month was something that I either discovered or rediscovered toward the end, but since I did love and use these items beginning in November, I have decided to include them.

I've mentioned the NYX Butt "Naked" Eyes palette before (probably in my birthday haul from a little over six months ago). I took this home with me for Thanksgiving, but I began using it again when I became bored with my old eye shadow routine. This palette has 15 eye shadows, 4 blushes, one bronzer, and two highlighters (one is a golden white and the other is peachy). This palette is great for travel since it has every basic color I would ever need. The only downside is that since the bottom section (with the blushes, bronzers, and highlighters) sometimes fights my greatest attempts at sliding it out and the section has separated itself from the top part before. 

The next item is something I think I mentioned in my foundation routine. I bought the Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Powder Foundation a while back and only recently started using it every day. I've already hit pan. What I like is that the coverage can be very light when used with a brush or medium when used with a makeup sponge (frowned upon, I know, but makeup sponges are useful). I won't be repurchasing this once it is finished because I have other powders to finish and once I finish every powder I own (ambitious goal of mine for the next year), I want to use something more natural. I haven't set my criteria for future makeup purchases yet, but I know at the very least I will be selecting items that are paraben free.

The next item might not be a surprise if you've been following the beauty community for a while. I only just bought the Tangle Teezer in November, but I cannot describe how useful it has been. My hair is long and has quite a lot of split and damaged ends, so my hair is definitely prone to tangles and knots. I can't say much about this other than that it works for me and I'll definitely be asking for another for Christmas so I can keep one at school and one at home.

The next favorite I have is China Glaze Purr-fect Plum from the On Safari collection that was released a few months ago. I have seen these in some Ulta stores recently, but I think they are sold out at Sally Beauty Supply. The only thing I dislike about this nail polish is that it chipped within a couple of days, but that tends to happen to me with most China Glaze nail polishes.

Something that falls into a similar color family to the China Glaze nail polish I just mentioned is the Bare Minerals Moxie Lip Gloss in Dare Devil. I received this in the November Ipsy/MyGlam bag and it was probably my favorite item in the bag. I never actually would have considered trying this color on my lips if I hadn't received it because I don't tend to be adventurous with lip colors/products.

I don't have any products I was disappointed with this month, so I will leave the post with a (highly predictable) question. What were your favorites in November?

1 comment:

Comment if you'd like! I'll try to reply soon, but if I forget to, just find me and whack me on the head.