Dec 21, 2012

Challenge: Going Dairy Free

I am aware that my blog has strayed a little from makeup, but since the problems I have with my skin seem to be a never-ending battle, I have decided to see how my diet affects my skin. Naturally this is a long process because my skin will not show results immediately, but I feel like it is worth taking the time and worth sharing just in case there is somebody out there dealing with the same thing.

The first thing I have decided to eliminate from my diet is dairy products (specifically milk since that seems to be the biggest link to acne for some people - I'll probably cheat occasionally for some cheese). I really wouldn't consider myself lactose intolerant since I don't have noticeable problems digesting lactose, but since dairy is a common cause of acne for some people and for a lot of people skin issues come from something within, I figured I could at least try to go a month without it. I know that there have been problems linked to soy products, so I won't be using soy milk instead. I plan to try coconut milk (I'll probably try So Delicious brand, unsweetened - some reviews I have read claim that it tastes a lot like cow's milk). I might also try almond or hazelnut milk and see how I like them.

I'll be honest, I've been trying to do this for the past week and it has been difficult, but I want to stick it out until January 31. I will try to do follow-up posts if I notice anything significant. If I don't notice any changes, I will be eliminating the next thing from my diet (I haven't decided what that will be). Even if my skin isn't "perfect" by the end of 2013, I hope that my skin will look healthier.

What are some of your goals for the new year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment if you'd like! I'll try to reply soon, but if I forget to, just find me and whack me on the head.