Now, if you're new to my blog, here is some information about my skin type: I have combination-oily acne-prone skin with hyperpigmentation. My skin gets drier in the winter and I generally do not use foundation primer because I haven't found one that actually worked for my skin. I used to be a big fan of medium to full coverage foundation, but lately I've really enjoyed products with light to medium coverage and if I add concealer if I really need it.
- Moisturizer: Aveeno Positively Radiant Moisturizer with SPF 15. This moisturizer does have fine shimmer in it, but it's not noticeable on my face because I only need half a pump on my skin. People with drier skin might need a full pump. I don't use a separate sunscreen.
- Treatment: Mario Badescu Drying Cream. I apply a thin layer on any active breakouts and my makeup has never looked any different than it does when I don't use it.
- "Foundation": Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream. This doesn't last as long on my face as my Almay foundation, but the color match is better and the coverage is just a bit lower. I will be using this BB cream until I finish it. The only complaint I have is the price... $39 for one fluid ounce. If I ever repurchase this, it will be a while before I do because there are so many other BB creams out there to try!
- Concealer: Revlon Photoready. This has SPF 20 and I use it on the dark circles under my eyes and on any bigger breakouts on my face. I used to love this concealer, but now I just categorize it as "average" because it does the job, but it also creases a bit.
- Powder: Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation. This sets my makeup and gives me a bit of added coverage. I actually switch between this powder foundation and the ELF Mineral Blemish Powder.
- Blush: Benefit Bella Bamba. It took me a while to figure out to use this without having bright cheeks. I use a stippling brush instead of a regular blush brush. Overall I don't love this, but I did get it in the "Big 10" set that came out last year, so I want to use it up before I move on to the next blush.
- Highlight: Benefit Dandelion. This is a brightening face powder so I use it on my cheekbones, the bridge of my nose, and on my chin.
What products do you use for your foundation/face routine?