Apr 28, 2012

April Favorites! (2012)

I figured I would get a bit ahead of schedule with this post since it is only a couple of days until May 1. I have bought quite a few random makeup items and I can't actually think of any products I regret buying. 

At the end of March, I bought the Herbal Essences Hydralicious Featherweight Shampoo & Conditioner with low expectations. Not only do they smell amazing, but they also keep my hair from getting greasy throughout the day (I have an oily scalp and I was having problems with my hair looking unwashed by the time dinner came around even though I wash my hair every morning). Anyway, I am amazed with the shampoo and conditioner and the price was even more impressive: $3 at Walmart. Normally I am a Target girl, but the closest Target to my college is twice as far away as the closest Walmart, so of course when I am stuck at school for the weekend, I shop at Walmart if I am in need of anything.

Another product I enjoyed this month was the Too Faced Tinted Beauty Balm (in the shade Vanilla Glow). It's actually too dark for my skin tone and it has shimmer in it (which anybody with oily skin would detest), but if I set it with a matte powder that is close to my skin tone, my skin looks amazing. I'll probably wear this more once it gets close to summer, but for now I just wear it on days when I want minimal coverage and sun protection (it has SPF 20).

I have used the Maybelline One by One mascara (in Very Black) before, but I repurchased it (the same day I bought the Herbal Essences shampoo & conditioner) and I love the look it gives my lashes. It doesn't weigh them down after I've curled them. I am actually going to be buying a waterproof mascara soon (for the summer) and this is one I am considering.

I have had the EOS lip balms for a while (since Christmas) and I have been using "Passion Fruit" for the past couple of months. It keeps my lips smooth and that's all I can really comment on since it's just a lip balm.

I don't quite remember when I bought the Covergirl LineBlast 24 Hour Liner (Enduring Black), but I wanted to try it because of the felt tip. I've never been crazy about liquid eyeliner, but I thought this one would be worth the try. It's very simple to use and it has nice pigmentation as well. It has lasted all day on me every time I've used it.

I don't know why I've been on such a Covergirl kick, but I purchased one of the trios I first bought when I was getting into makeup a few years ago. This one is in Cafe au Lait and it gives me a nice and natural look. I wish the darkest shade was a bit more pigmented, but for less than $5 it is great. I haven't used the applicators the trio came with, but I think I will to see if that helps the color payoff.

If anybody wants a full review of anything I mentioned, please let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment if you'd like! I'll try to reply soon, but if I forget to, just find me and whack me on the head.