Although I have a few weeks left of school and should really be working on my class video project or any of my three papers, I decided to take a little break for the sake of my sanity. So here I am with a blog post. I haven't filled out a tag in a long time and I saw that emilynoel83 aka Emily (BeautyBroadcast) posted this tag earlier today and I thought it would be a fun way for you to get to know me (in terms of the beauty community) in a nutshell.
1. Is your hair naturally curly or straight?
My hair is naturally straight, but it has its own random waves when I let it dry naturally. I have trouble curling my hair without certain products.
2. Do you dye it yourself or go to a salon?
I haven't dyed my hair in about a year, but I have only ever dyed it myself. I want to dye my hair dark red this summer, but I don't know if I am brave enough to try it.
3. Do you wear the same style everyday, or do you change it?
I usually am too lazy to do anything with my hair because it is long and I am in college, so I have to prioritize whether or not it is worth my time to style my hair and usually it isn't. Eventually I will practice doing different things with my hair.
4. Do you do your own mani/pedi or go to a salon?
I have gone to a salon a few times for a mani/pedi, but honestly it wasn't worth my time or money. My nails are strong, so I never get fake nails. I can also make my own "treatments" (like a brown sugar scrub for my feet) and do everything on my own.
5. How often do you change your nail polish?
Realistically, once per week. When I am busy I don't really paint my nails.
6. Do you polish your toes in the winter or just the summer?
I still polish my toes in the winter, but I don't change the color as often.
7. How long does it take for you to put on makeup?
It can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes. For class it usually takes 10 minutes, but on the weekends I take more time.
8. What do you do first? Face or eyes?
I always do my face first. I'm not sure why (because I have never really thought about it), but it's just how I've always done it.
9. Do you collect makeup or just buy what you need when you need it?
I do collect makeup, but not to the extent that I used to. I am trying to work my collection down to a manageable level so I have a variety of products, but I am not overwhelmed with options.
10. How often do you wear false eyelashes?
I have never worn false eyelashes, actually!
11. Do you do a full face of makeup everyday?
Nope! I used to, but since I am in the more stressful stretch of my semester, I have to prioritize.
12. Do you wear makeup when you're home alone or with family?
I do sometimes. It's good to practice different techniques, especially since I'm not actually so great at applying makeup to begin with.
13. Will you leave the house without makeup?
Two years ago my answer would have been: "Never, no way, will not happen." and now my answer is: "Sure, why not?" - I love makeup, but if I don't have time to put it on, then I don't.
14. How many high-end products do you have?
I have a fair few. I haven't gone through and counted how many I have, but I have more than I did when I first came across the beauty community (2008). I think it is important that I know what I am willing to splurge on, and for me that is certain face and eye products.
15. Do you plan your OOTD every night or decide when you're getting dressed?
I plan my outfit every night because I don't want to wake my roommate up in the morning. When I am at home it depends on what I am doing the next day.
16. How often do you change your handbag?
It depends on my needs. I try to change by season or depending on what I am wearing. I don't really splurge on bags, though.
17. What time do you wake up and go to sleep?
I wake up around 8 and go to bed around midnight. That sounds so bad, but my earliest class is at 9:30, so I like to sleep in as late as I possibly can.
18. How often or when do you workout?
I do a little bit here and there every couple of days, but I'd like to get a routine going where I do cardio 3-4 times per week and then find something else to do on the other days.
19. Left handed or right handed?
20. How tall are you?
I am somewhere between 5'3 and 5'4, so I'll go with 5'4 ;)
21. Do you speak any foreign languages?
I can speak a little bit of Spanish, but I'm nowhere near fluent.
22. How many pets do you have?
My parents have two dogs and two cats, but I claim one of the cats as my own when I am at home.
23. How often are you on Blogger?
I read posts every couple of days and I don't post nearly as often as I wish I could!
24. Do you read comments posted on blogs?
I do read comments posted on other blogs and I definitely read all of the comments I receive.
25. Do you keep a list of products to try as you see other posts?
I've got a list of things I want to try, but I'm trying to wait until I finish products up before I buy anything I don't need... this way I won't break any of the project minimize rules.
26. How did you come up with your blog name?
Once upon a time I thought I was a clever girl. And I thought Blushing Antics was clever. To be honest I can't think of a better name for my blog, but I wish I could have thought of something a little more clever and definitely something shorter.
27. What kind of camera do you use for your photographs?
I use a Canon PowerShot for my photographs. Before I got my Canon, I used my iPhone for pictures
28. How often do you clean your house?
I clean in sections, so when I am at home I'm always cleaning something, but I couldn't do it all at once
29. What's your favorite color?
30. Do you swear?
Actually, no. I have before, but I just think I can get my point across without using swear words.
31. What are you doing with the rest of your day?
Filming for my video project and writing a little bit for each of the papers I've been assigned.
Let me know if you answer the questions to this tag on your blog because I'd love to read what you have to say!