Jan 2, 2014

Recent Empties: Makeup

It has certainly been a long time since I've blogged! I've been on break for a pretty long time, so I don't have any legitimate excuses for neglecting you all for so long, so I will proceed with this post.

I only received two makeup items for Christmas, so I don't think I am doing too badly regarding Project Minimize. I have decided to continue Project Minimize indefinitely, since I purchased much more than I should have in 2014 and I didn't finish as many items as I hoped.

Since my last empties post, I've finished five makeup items. Seeing that it takes ages to finish a makeup product, I am pleased with myself (although I have yet to finish a foundation!)


  1. Maybelline The Falsies Big Eyes Mascara: I liked this mascara and I liked that there was a different side for top and bottom lashes, but I don't know if I would buy it again. I rarely buy the same mascara more than once because there are so many to choose from at the drugstore that work really well. I do tend to favor Maybelline mascara, though. Anyway, I will probably buy this again, but not right away.
  2. Bare Minerals Flawless Definition Mascara: I received this in a set for my birthday. Typically I won't shell out $18 for a mascara, and this one won't break that pattern. This product gave my lashes a natural look, but it wasn't particularly special.
  3. Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner in Blackberry: This was my absolute favorite eyeliner, so I was a little sad to see it go. However, I won't be repurchasing this for a while because I need to use the other eyeliners I have.
  4. Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner: I can't remember which color I finished, but I'm beginning to warm up to the Urban Decay eyeliners. I don't think I would go out of my way to buy any of the colors at full size, but I really like the gift sets.
  5. Benefit "That Gal" Brightening Face Primer: I loved the way this made my skin look, but like many Benefit products, this irritated my skin. 
This concludes my first post of 2014! How was your holiday season? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment if you'd like! I'll try to reply soon, but if I forget to, just find me and whack me on the head.